Pool Perfect

Jun 7, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Am I the only one to notice that it doesn't really do anything? I have gallons and gallons of it at work, but I notice no difference in using it vs. not using it. I've used regular Pool Perfect and Pool Perfect PhosFree.

I thought it would help keep the pool tiles clean since I hate cleaning them. Gotta scrub them twice a week to keep the health department off my back. I've been using a scotchbrite sponge and Bio Dex 300 tile cleaner.

Pool Perfect is good to have/use if you have a fouled pool. Here's a quote from JasonLion:
Re: Natural Chemistry Pool Perfect

Pool Perfect is an enzyme product designed to break down oils more quickly than chlorine is able to break them down. It is kind of a specialty item, as you really only need it if you spill an entire bottle of cooking oil, or worse motor oil, in the pool or several people who swim in your pool really like to use lots and lots of suntan lotion.

Pool Perfect is often sold in a single bottle combined with PhosFREE, which is designed to remove phosphates, although it is also sold separately. We do not recommend using PhosFREE. But Pool Prefect can be very handy if you have the exact problem it is designed to solve.

If this is a heavily used commercial pool, then having people shower first will be the most effective. People bring in a lot of oily and grease-like compounds. Pool Perfect does work as a fairly good tile cleaner. I think that that's all I would use it for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.