Start up after winter

since this is my first time opening my pool after winter I want to make sure I do it correct. I know that until the water get up to 60 degrees I cant start up my SWG so if I open it before then what is best way to balance water. I bought a leaf net and plan on taking my pool cover off in a couple of weeks and start up pump and filter and put on leaf net to help with the oak quigglies. My water was crystal clear when I closed and hope it has stayed that way, thanks for any help

Do you have a good test kit ? If you do test FC, PH and I would also test CYA. Use bleach to get your FC in range for your CYA. Keep using bleach until your SWG is ready to be fired up. Adjust PH if you need too. Adjust CYA if you need to. Make sure to bring water sample to room temp for the CYA test.
I would do this before water temp got to 60. ?

yes I have a good test kit ,I have the TF-100 AND K-1766 , , and the only test that the water needs to be room temp is the CYA? I am hoping to remove cover and do start up in a couple of weeks, thanks for help

- - - Updated - - -

Is it safe to assume that I will need to add salt ? and should I wait and add salt right before turning on SWG?

I would think you could add the salt a day before you fire the SWG up if you have to add salt. Just make sure to test for it.
As far as I know the only test that is a little sensitive to water temp is the CYA test. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.