Expansion Joint caulking/ Sealing

Mar 19, 2014
Would like to know my self I am removing the wood joints in concrete to many splinters ....

Split from same topic in a different thread. Please post a new question and don't ask one in someone else's thread. Brushpup.

nothing wrong with removing the wood in expansion joints. If you do it, it's recommended to re-fill the joint with foam backer rod and self leveling caulk. You can google it and get step by step instructions.

Would like to know my self I am removing the wood joints in concrete to many splinters ....

Split from same topic in a different thread. Please post a new question and don't ask one in someone else's thread. Brushpup.

I got a couple of estimates to replaster my pool. One contractor stated, "You pool is 17 years old and has never been replastered. To maintain the integrity of your original pool shell, we would sandblast the old plaster, then apply a bonding agent, then apply a new plaster coat to the bonding agent." He simply refused to chip it out by saying a chip out is for a pool that has been sandblasted a couple of times first and is 20 years or older. The next day another contractor stated: "The only way to get proper bonding on a new plaster coat is to chip it out down to the gunite shell. Whatever you do, DO NOT SANDBLAST THE ORIGINAL OLD PLASTER AND APPLY A NEW PLASTER COAT TO ANY BONDING COAT. IT WILL NOT ADHERE PROPERLY AND YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY." Which one of these contractors is telling me the truth?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.