Micro bubbles....problem or not?

rarenomad

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 19, 2013
Hey guys,

Im in the middle of SLAM'ing my pool and today I noticed that micro bubbles are coming out of the return jets. I cant say if I noticed this before or not since the water is becoming more and more clean (THANK YOU BBB!) but I didnt want to discount the micro bubbles being a potential issue.

My setup is a recently installed 1hp 2spd pentair superflow -> S220T sand filter -> Chlorinating dispenser (I have it set to off) -> return jets to the pool.

I also have a polaris booster pump that appears to have 1 return that is in the middle of one of the lengthwise walls. (I do see a little water and small bubbles coming out of this. ) should I cap it since I dont plan on using the polaris?

Water level is about a half inch below the midway mark of the skimmer box.

I put up a video on youtube so you can see it. Hope it helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cchZT6knZ1o

Thanks gang

Mine does it all the time, but it is due to the SWG, which I do not think you have installed yet.

I assume your pump has been running for awhile and these are not just a little air being purged out of the filter?
Do you see any air in the pump?

Check the skimmer and make sure the weir is moving freely and there is not a vortex in the skimmer that could be sucking air into the system. Also check the new pump for air leaks. Look at the pump drain plug, pot strainer lid, and any above ground joints before the pump. The o-ring on the pot strainer lid needs to be lubed with silicon pool lubricant to get a good seal. Drizzle a little water on the pump drain plug and the pipe joints and watch for traces of water to be sucked into the joints. These are some of the common things to check when air is getting into the system.

Mine does it all the time, but it is due to the SWG, which I do not think you have installed yet.

I assume your pump has been running for awhile and these are not just a little air being purged out of the filter?
Do you see any air in the pump?

Thanks for responding.

The pump has been running now for just under a week. If I shut the pump off, uncap the top where the basket is in the pump, let the water drain then recap and turn it back on, I have a little but not very much air. The issue seems to manifest itself more pronounced when I hook up my manual vacuum to the skimmer port. I have manually fed the hose into the pool to remove as much air in the line but I'm certain some air gets in anyway.

Check the skimmer and make sure the weir is moving freely and there is not a vortex in the skimmer that could be sucking air into the system. Also check the new pump for air leaks. Look at the pump drain plug, pot strainer lid, and any above ground joints before the pump. The o-ring on the pot strainer lid needs to be lubed with silicon pool lubricant to get a good seal. Drizzle a little water on the pump drain plug and the pipe joints and watch for traces of water to be sucked into the joints. These are some of the common things to check when air is getting into the system.

I'll check tomorrow on all these thing, the pot strainer lid...are you referring to the pump top lid that gives access to the basket?

I also have a polaris booster pump that appears to have 1 return that is in the middle of one of the lengthwise walls. (I do see a little water and small bubbles coming out of this. ) should I cap it since I dont plan on using

Thanks gang

Why not? I love my Polaris cleaner! I also have a manual system that I hate! I broke the one that the seller left behind the first time I used it. I replaced it, but used it once and have never touched it again. Sure, I have to empty the bag once or twice/ week, but it is so much easier to maintain and use than the manual one. I have both a fine mesh sand bag I use during the summer and well after the autumn leaf problem, and the larger leaf bag once the leaves start falling.

Do you have an air release valve on top of your filter?
View attachment 27953

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.