Cloudy water

ARSayeed

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2013
Dove Canyon, CA
Hello - I switched to the TFP BBB method last year. It worked great for me mid season. I just opened my pool on Saturday (4 days ago). This is my first time using the BBB method at the time of opening. My pool is pretty clear, but a little cloudy. Pressure is good and I have backwashed several times as the pressure has increased. Here are my results:

FC: 16
CC: 0
TC: 16
PH: 7.8
TA: 160 (running my waterfall to aerate and lower)
CYA: 50
CH: 240

Any suggestions on why the water is cloudy and how to fix? Could it be that the TA is too high? Any other way to bring down TA besides aerating?

You bring down TA with aeration and acid, that is the only way.

If the TA has anything to do with the cloudiness, lowering the PH to 7.2 will clear up the water.

Of course there are dozens of other things that can cause cloudy water, though none are especially common.

It's probably dirty from the winter. For the last two years at opening I had clear water, but a lot of sediment that got in past the cover. Just give the filter a few days to do its job, and it will clear up.

Don't worry about the TA. As long you keep the pH where it should be, the TA will fall into line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.