Gas Heater and Pump Timing

Mar 3, 2014
PA
Hello, ok so I have a serious question..

I have a newly installed In Ground Vinyl liner pool. Its about 10800 Gallons.

I have a Hayward Gas heater, Hayward Sand Filter and Hayward Pump.

I have the pump on a timer and gas heater is always on, so when the pump fires up the heater will heat the water.

Problem is, when the pump shuts down, the water obviously stops flowing and the gas heaters coils are so hot that the water thats trapped in there makes loud noises. What is a good way around this?

Thanks,

Bruce

Ideally you want the pump to continue running for awhile after you shut off the heater. Most automation systems allow this, but I am not sure how it would be done for you.

Wonder if you could add another timer that shuts the heater off before the pump? Although then there is always the chance the timers would get out of sync.

Likely someone else should have better ideas.

Ideally you want the pump to continue running for awhile after you shut off the heater. Most automation systems allow this, but I am not sure how it would be done for you.

Wonder if you could add another timer that shuts the heater off before the pump? Although then there is always the chance the timers would get out of sync.

Likely someone else should have better ideas.

I thought of that, another timer to shut down the heater 15-20 min before the pump shuts off to give the heater time to cool down. Also my pump, filter, and heater are all in the basement.

If you have an Intermatic mechanical timer, they sell a kit that adds a micro-switch near the timing wheel. It's wired into the fireman's circuit that Jason mentioned and essentially shuts off your heater several minutes before your main pump shuts off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.