warranty info

gjconn

Dec 12, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Just like any warranty weather pool or automobile there are things that void them. My question is what voids a pool warranty? And being a first time owner of a pool completed a week ago should my hypertrophic to me the things that would void them or should I get in writing from them the things that do. Example to brush or not brush etc ....

I'm sorry, maybe it was an auto correct thing.... hypertropic? I don't fully understand what you are asking there.

That said, things I could think of might be chemistry mis-management for the interior finish, and perhaps abuse of equipment might be things perhaps? Initially, most things I can think should be on them, not you. Perhaps someone else has some ideas.

haha, yes auto correct did that......what i was trying to say was should my pool builder tell me the things that void my warranty or should i get in writing these things in case they try and come back saying we told you so? has anyone ever heard a life time protection plan from keith zars pools? if so, is this a good thing to purchase after the first year as it covers all parts and labor after warranty goes out.

The pool builder should tell you how to start up the pool. Another option that may be offered is to pay them to have someone start up the pool for you. I did the latter which insured the builder could not say it wasn't done properly, but honestly the guy they had do the start up had no idea what he was doing at all. He did do all the brushing for me, but he NEVER tested the water. He just occasionally added some liquid chlorine and once he haphazardly dumped a bunch of stabilizer into my skimmer basket. Once his start up was done, I took over and got the pool in balance. It may not be the same for you, but the biggest thing for me is that pH wants to skyrocket, I'm constantly adding muriatic acid to the pool. Make sure you get something in writing from them if you do the start up on your own, so you know how to manage pH. Different builders sometimes want different pH levels during the first few weeks.

they did start the pool up for me and have been out 2x in one week to check levels and on the 2nd visit they did pool school. i quess my next question if anyone has any experience with purchasing the life time protetion plan from keith zars which they cover ANYTHING parts and labor if something happens with the pool and equipment 100%. If so would they try to find a way to say you did or did not do things as you should have and void this warranty?

I don't have any experience with that particular warranty, but I can tell you my experiences with aftermarket car warranties, and with "home warranties" from third parties. They are a waste of time/money.

Nooooo the standard warranties apply from the builder just like all builders have.....keith zars here in SA offer what is called a life time protection plan that covers all parts and labor every year you extend the warranty for ANYTHING on the pool and equipment that goes wrong (pump/cleaner/coping/peeple ect) and they come out 3x in that year to service things. my question has anyone on this forum delt with keith zars on this warranty before?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.