chlorine levels

From your word "harp" in your first post I have sensed your resistance to the precise testing we teach. That's OK. Not everyone buys in to it.

However it IS what we teach because it works universally and the results are always the same....A crystal clear pool and an understanding of why it is clear and what to do about it if it gets unclear.

Virtually Every other method comes up short compared to TFPC.

By using the word "harp" simply means to drill or pound into ones belief is all. Has not a thing to do with resistance. If I was resisting I would not be on this site or for that matter ask the questions I have been asking. Again as stated before sevearl times, you guys are GREAT

I'm getting the feeling this thread is rushing in 10 different directions.

gjconn, you will have a very hard time finding the answer to your question as another member has stated. Here at TFP we have very few members whom have found good luck using tabs only to chlorinate their pools. The majority of the members whom find their way here have been burned by the use of tabs, and found themselves with sky high CYA levels. You have the advantage of avoiding that situation right off the back due to your fresh fill. It's very highly suggested that you avoid the complexity of using tabs to raise your CYA level, as it's easy to get confused at first as you're learning all the effects of each chemical. It's sooooo much easier to purchase the CYA and liquid chlorine separate to start up your pool. Another reason besides the complexity of the tabs, is as jblizzle stated. Right now your water has very little to zero CYA in it. Any chlorine you have added has been consumed by the sun. By adding the CYA separate you'll be able to protect right off the back any chlorine you add, and keep your pool clear from day one.

On this note.......WELCOME TO TFP!

By using the word "harp" simply means to drill or pound into ones belief is all. Has not a thing to do with resistance. If I was resisting I would not be on this site or for that matter ask the questions I have been asking. Again as stated before sevearl times, you guys are GREAT

EXCELLENT!

Since you are in Texas, the best place to order the TF100 is from TFtestkits. If you click the TF100 link in my sig, it will take you there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's not true. The household bleach is commonly 8% chlorine, where as the liquid chlorine often sold at pool stores contains 10-12% chlorine. Everything else is the exact same. Both types only add water and a bit of salt to the water. I see no reason why using liquid chlorine should void any warranty what-so-ever.

Just to second these guys above, it absolutely will not void a warranty. Pool store liquid may have a little more Chlorine, but there is nothing in store brand to make it different, or more importantly, inferior. Not in any way at all.

You cannot test for FC and tell where it came from...Bleach, Trichlor, Dichlor, Pure Gas, or Calcium Hypochlorite. Chlorine is Chlorine. If anyone tried to void a warranty because of Bleach, they would be unscrupulous to do so. Period.

Good info!! Since on the subject of warranty, my builder offers what is called a Lifetime protection plan. The first year is included with the building of the pool and then you can purchase it or renew it yearly for 550.00 per year. Now in this plan it covers ALL PARTS AND LABOR for 100% off the pool and all equipment beyond factory warranty of the norm builder warranty with three visits a year to your pool to check equipment. If anything were to happen to ANYTHING costs you nothing!! Is this a good deal?

Grocery store bleach and pool store liquid chlorine are the exact same thing. The only difference is the concentration (you can verify this for yourself by reading the ingredient list on each).

WHOA!
I just want to clarify that PLAIN grocery store bleach is chlorine just as one would buy at a pool store, although concentrations may vary.

What *might* be a problem is if the OP picks up the "outdoor bleach" or the "thicker" or "scented" bleach. Just yesterday I noticed multiple types of bleach on the shelf in Publix. If I were a pool newbie, I might not know that those jugs with new fangled names aren't what we mean when we say "just buy bleach".

Ok, carry on...
:gone:

I would read through the documentation for the Lifetime protection plan very carefully, especially the exclusions. You will want to note if there are exclusions for not maintaining proper water balance and if they define what the parameters for proper water balance are. If so then you will need to keep a detailed log of your water test results in case documentation is needed in the future to collect on a claim. Also check for exclusions for "acts of God/Nature", or criminal activity. Acts of God/Nature will exclude any weather related damage, including damage due to lighting or drought. Criminal activity would exclude vandalism and theft.

Not having read the document, my gut instinct would be to pass on this extended warranty. Keep in mind the builder is in business to make money and they are not going to offer a product for sale where they do not expect to make a profit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.