Anyone have experience with Oceania Weekender AG pools?

Mar 17, 2014
Central Florida
Hi!
I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with Oceania Weekender AG pools. I searched the forum and didn't find any references to them, and I haven't found much in the way of reviews. I gather that PoolSupplyWorld.com generally has great deals, and I found this one there:
http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Ocea...ound-Pool-Package/PB1548.htm?cmpid=fbt_102039

It's a $753.99 15' AG pool package, with free shipping and currently no sales tax.
To my inexperienced eye, it looks like a pretty decent package for a very reasonable price. The package includes:
- 15' round pool: 6" steel top rails, 48" high steel walls, 4-1/2" steel uprights, full 1" heavy steel bottom rail, all-steel components and galvanized walls
- ABS Thru-wall Skimmer
- Oceania pool ladder
- Blue Overlap Liner
- Pool Filter and Pump System (30 GPM, filters up to 10,000 gallons of water, capacity to hold up to 42 pounds of sand, multi-port valve with 4 positions, 115V)

My only experience with a pool is an Intex Easy Set pool (15' x 42") that we've had for the last 2 years. It was fun but has a tear that has been patched several times and it is no longer holding water well, so I think it's time to retire it. I am considering just replacing it with another one, but haven't seen many of that same size in local stores (or if I did, the price was a lot higher than last year). That 15' size is just right for us. I've looked at the Intex Ultra Frame pools too, but I'm also wondering if I should spend a little more on something that might last longer and be nicer. I don't have the budget to spend thousands on a more deluxe package, but I'd love to get your opinions on this particular one or any similar, reasonably priced package like it. I should also add that I live in Central Florida and the pool would most likely stay up year-round. Thank you in advance for reading this far and for any advice you may have!

I would go with the Sharkline Reprieve (which I did) for warranty purposes. http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Shar...bove-Ground-Swimming-Pool/PREP1548SSPSSN1.htm

I spent a year deciding and finally made the decision when I went to a local pool store and they were offering a $99 install. Every muscle in my body thanked them and the heavens sang because I have dealt with 4 Intex pool installs. I love the Sharkline and I feel confident that I will get a lot of years out of it. The Intex Ultra Frame pools lasted about a year for me but I was using the saltwater chlorinator and salt did not agree with the cheaply coated metal. I had upgraded to the sand filter so, I just used that on the Sharkline. Guy charged me $30 to hard plumb everything. It has been 2 weeks since the install was completed and I am still smiling from ear to ear:)

If you are anywhere near UCF, you are welcome to stop by and have a look:)

Last edited:
Oh, I've heard good things about the Sharkline pools. Thanks!
It looks like if I went that way, I'd probably have to spend quite a bit more though since it doesn't come with the filter and pump and I never upgraded my insufficient Intex one. One of the things I liked about the Weekender is that it's a complete package. If it isn't a good one it's a waste of money anyway, but if it's halfway decent, it seems like a pretty good deal.
I do like the sound of a $99 installation though. Since I'm in your area, do you mind me asking what store it was? I saw that Leslie's carry Sharkline pools.
If I went for something like the Sharkline, I might spend this year with another Easy Set while I research and save up for the upgrade. I appreciate the info, f3justusc! :)

Family Pool, Spa & Billiard (They have 3-4 locations)
749 W SR 436
Altamonte Springs, Florida 32714
407-571-9965

Monday - Saturday 10AM-6PM
Sunday Noon-5PM

The $99 install was a special they were running and they let you make a down payment and pay the remainder as you want. I paid half and then two weeks later paid it off. He started with a price of $2300. Since I did not need the ladder, pump, or filter, he came down to $1900. I said, how about $1600, he thought and said, I can do that. That included the pool, liner, wide-mouth skimmer, gorilla pad, cove, and delivery to my home. Then, he failed to order the cove and so that delayed completion. He offered me chemicals. I said, how about we negotiate on a better liner. He said, $100, I said, $75. He said fine. So, I got the boulder liner instead of the plain blue. I think you get the idea. Do not settle for the first or second price they quote you. I could have gotten a better price online for just the pool but I would have paid more for install...it's all a game:) I am with what I spent and what I got. Also, if you are close to me, I can give you the installers contact info and you can see what he would charge to do the install if you buy the pool online.

This is my liner (25 mil) and I absolutely love it. The dark blue makes a HUGE difference...http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/200938272813?lpid=82

You could also check Craigslist because people sell pools there all the time and I have seen a few instances where they are still in the box. I bought one on Craigslist but then decided to go with a brand new one because I was just exhausted from the previous pools.

If you do go with the Weekender, I think at the very least, you should step up to a wide-mouth skimmer and a good liner.

I just sent you a PM with his details. Another thing that I am noticing about the Oceania Weekender is the filter that it comes with is SMALL. It takes only 1 bag of sand...I'm guess it's a 12" filter. You can get the Intex pump/filter for $150 and it holds 3 bags of sand of 150 lbs. The smaller the filter, the longer you are going to have to run it to keep the pool clean. I run mine for six hours but could probably do four and be just fine.

Again, based on your question, I have searched the internet up and down for reviews on the OW and I can not find any. That pool is listed all over Ebay and the internet. Why are there ZERO reviews about it. I was not comfortable with that a year ago and I am still not comfortable with that now. I will go away now...LoL:)

That's really good info. Thank you so much!
I'm pretty close to Altamonte Springs, so maybe the guy does work in my area.
Thanks again!

Yeah, ZERO reviews doesn't instill a lot of confidence... and I bet you're right about the filter. I wondered if such a bargain package meant that some of the equipment is sub-standard and would just have to be upgraded soon anyway. I'm still doing my research and weighing my options at this point, but I'm feeling like the Oceanic might be a no-go unless I miraculously hear some ringing endorsements! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.