Competition Skimmer Parts

RussH

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 15, 2014
Central AL
We bought a house last fall which already had an above ground pool. The skimmer has no name or model number anywhere on it, but I found an instruction sheet for it with other information left by the previous owners. The company name is Competition and from looking on the internet, I gather they were located in Quebec. They seem to be out of business now.

I need a basket and vacuum plate for the skimmer. The basket is cracked but still functional. I dont have a vacuum plate. Any ideas where to look for replacement parts?

Thanks,

Russ

Josh,

Thanks for the response. I attached some pictures of the skimmer. I dont know if the basket is original or not. It looks like it had 4 legs, but 2 are broken off. It still works but leans in the skimmer. I dont have a vacuum plate for it either.

Thanks,

Russ

Attachments

• Skimmer1.JPG
    Skimmer1.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Skimmer2.JPG
    Skimmer2.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Skimmer3.JPG
    Skimmer3.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 30
  • Skimmer4.JPG
    Skimmer4.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Skimmer5.JPG
    Skimmer5.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 30
I think I recognize it and I'm trying cross reference it.

Let me know how if these measurements match up for basket:
6-5/8" (top diameter) x 4-3/4" (bottom diameter) x 2-3/4" (height)
The flat section on the sides should be about 2-1/2" in length and it would be about 6-1/8" from flat side to flat side?

I'm checking to see what we have in the warehouse. I'll let you know what I come up with. It may have been discontinued from what I recall but I think there may be a different replacement that fits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.