Help identify this setup?

Mar 17, 2014
Jackson, NJ
I'm in the process of buying a home. I took a quick photo of the pump area for the inground pool. I figured I could look it over when I got home. However this setup is very different then mine.
I'm not sure what the small black dome is. It looks like the pump was removed for winter. I don't see a chlorinator. Any idea what that rectangle tower is in the background? Looks to large to be a light? The pool is still covered so I'm not sure how many jets and skimmers. I'm assuming two?

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 69
  • photo (15).jpg
    photo (15).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 68
Welcome to TFP.

The little dome is a distributor for an infloor cleaning system.

If you can get a better picture of the "tower", we can probably identify it.

Be thankful that you don't see a tablet feeder. :)

I don't see a swg either, but I can't see all the plumbing.

Any idea what that rectangle tower is in the background? Looks to large to be a light?

Does the pool have any sort of fiber optic lighting? It is hard to tell from the photo however it appears it could be a driver for a fiber optic lighting system.

The filter is a sand filter however I don't recognize the brand/model from looking at the photo. Maybe if you post a photo of the valve top we can help better. It is always good to know what you have in advance in case you need parts in the future. I'm taking a guess that it might be a Jacuzzi brand filter based on what I can see.

I'm not sure if it has lighting. I just looked up inflooring cleaning. That's crazy! I didn't see a pool heater. Zooming into the photo ..you are correct its a Jacuzzi brand filter. Not sure if that's good or bad. These parts of NJ are Hayward land or use to be.

you are correct its a Jacuzzi brand filter. Not sure if that's good or bad.

It's not a bad thing other than that parts can sometimes be hard to come by. Jacuzzi's pool business has changed hands several times over the years. A Canadian manufacturer has started making parts for a lot of the Jacuzzi pool products.

It is a plastic tank which I prefer not to use on in-ground pools as fiberglass holds up better but if it is working now it is not a big deal. A different brand (comparable size) sand filter wouldn't really filter much differently.

I'm not sure if it has lighting.

Could it just be a pedestal/bollard style garden light? Kind of looks like a commercial grade pathway light.

As others said, that dome looks like the manifold for in-floor pop-up jets ... BUT, I have never seen one where the pipes coming out are above ground with valves attached. :scratch:

What do all those stickers say?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.