Maytronics Dolphin Diagnostics replacement parts.

Gregd

Jun 16, 2013
Well I am counting down around 2 months before the pool cover comes off. Late last year my dolphin Diangnostic kept having one timing track pop off and wedge into the cover. Like another recent thread about this cleaner http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...er-User-Review-(diagnostic-but-not-limited-to . This will be season #12 for this pool cleaner. It crapped out under warranty and was repaired and has been going very strong year after year. It has been loaned out to a few friends and also kept the pool super clean even when my main filter was down for repairs. Well worth the money spent.
So I just pulled the side covers off and can seen anything wrong. I am guessing that I just need new timing tracks. They do seem a little loose in the track like they could be stiff or stretched. A quick search online is showing the part I need is $83 for the pair on E-bay( p/n 9985050 with the thin center on the inside). Does anyone have a recomended place to get parts for this. I notice that that tracks for other models are less than half the price of what this one are.
Thanks for any recomendations , also thanks for all the help last year. Great site .
NOTE: Edited post to correct part number of track I think I need.

I tried to look up that part # and can't find anything. Are you sure that is the correct #?
Sorry about that. I believe I need part number 9985050. It's an Dolphin Diagnostic model. Probably going to have to spend 80 or so for the parts. Just looking for a recomended online dealer. Thanks Greg

Sorry about that. I believe I need part number 9985050. It's an Dolphin Diagnostic model. Probably going to have to spend 80 or so for the parts. Just looking for a recomended online dealer. Thanks Greg

Are the small teeth broken on the track that keeps derailing? If so, is that track the side the motor is driving? If so,,
If the teeth on one track have many inside teeth broken and the other track is in much better shape you can just swap the tracks. This is because the diagnostic is only driven on one side (single drive motor). You might be able to get a little more life out of the tracks.

However, you won't know for sure that is the problem until you remove the sides and inspect the other parts as shown below. Notice one of the brushes on this machine is damaged. The damage here causes a little more resistance, but the bearings are intact. I'll stop here until we hear back from you.

If you don't have an angled screwdriver, it will be easier to remove the sides if the motor is removed first.

aea1cf5e17e0740291b2f52ac1b4d33b.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I pulled the side covers off and inspected the tracks and nylon wheels. I don't see any missing teeth on the belts. But the teeth on my belt look very small compared to the ones on your belt. They may be worn down. All the pulleys seem ok. It was the drive side that was jamming. Sometime it would run a full cycle without jamming, other times it would jam after only 1 hour.

Well I replaced the track's, $83 on e-bay. Opened pool yesterday. I was starting to think everything was great. It ran 4 complete cycles after opening the pool and was running as good as new. Then bam, it keeps tripping the on switch like it's an over current problem. Can't get it to run. I can manually turn the track's and it does not seem like anything is binding up.
The new tracks were very tight compared to the old, 2 inches shorter and required streaching to install, no Idea what killed it but shopping for a replacement this week. Have to price them but Leaning towards an M4.

Went ahead and picked up an Maytronics dolphin m4 today at a store I was near. Didn't want to mail order if I didn't have to , just incase I need service, and odds are sooner or later you will. After 1 cycle on the m4 it does seem to work better than the diagnostic did. Hope it hold up as well. I may continue to tinker with the broken one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.