Opening the pool with sticky cover

shah

Sep 28, 2013
I have 16 ft round above ground pool. Last year fall was my first time with the pool (bought it late cheap). I followed the instructions to winterize the pool, removed water until the pump intake to disconnect the pump (more than half of water stayed in the pool), and covered it with a plastic sheet that came with the pool.

Unfortunately the cover did not last on too long, and it dropped into the pool water. It was very difficult to put it on to begin with so I just left it in there. Now the water seems to be ok except for dirt on the bottom and some leaves. But when I pulled out the plastic sheet I found that it was very slippery because of some invisible layer on it.

So my question is, should I take all the water out because of that, and refill it? If I shock it and everything, would it still be safe to swim in if I simply add water on it? Please advice as to what should be my next step.

I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

You should probably go ahead and SLAM the pool to be on the safe side. http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/125-slam-shock-level-and-maintain-shockingl. Follow the directions to the T. In order to do this process you'll need to have one of our recommended test kits. http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/124-pool-test-kits-comparison. If you already have one of our test kits can you post a full set of test results ? You can still swim in FC levels up to SLAM level.

If you wanted to do a complete drain and refill that would be your choice. It's only 5500 gallons so it may just be easier for you. Regardless of what you choose to do I would still get yourself a good test kit.
Spend some time reading in pool school. How to chlorinate your pool and The ABC's of water chemistry are good ones to start with. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.