Double check before I get started.

Apr 7, 2013
Tallahassee Fl
So started getting ready for the season,
I had a massive algea bloom almost no CYA so started by cleaning it out and shocking Pool info
25k vinyl inground pool sand filter
Just installed a Circupool SI-30
After three days Cl is holding steady.
FC is at 5
no combined chlorine
Calcium hardness is 130
TA 130
PH is 8.0+
Acid demand test was 9 drops so according to taylors chart I need to add about 1.5Gallons Acid. I added a gallon for now
Going to get some CYA today at HD to add to pool.

With regard to the salt system since I am a newb.
When turned off the system reports 3200ppm salt when it runs for an hour is says low salt yet the manual says keep the Nacl between 32-3400ppm. thoughts?

Did you follow the SLAM process until you passed the 3 criteria to stop?

If the SWG says low salt, then you need to add some ... got to make it happy. Do you have an independent salt test?

You certainly need to get the CYA up or the SWG will not be able to keep reasonable FC levels.

Good idea doing the pH in 2 steps.

Just added 60lbs of salt to bring me up to 3500 ppm.
6lbs of CYA I think based on my personal test I am at about 10ppm so that should bring me to 40ppm. adding this much CYA will drop the PH a bit too?
So my plan is to check the FCL daily and retest the CYA and PH in a week and make any adjustment needed then... sound like a good plan?

Slam- Yes,

Water is Def clearing out went from swamp green to ocean green, however the massive amounts of pollen falling have the pool looking a bit yellow. i'm sure the 2.5" of rain we are supposed to get tonight will have some affect, i knew it was coming so i let the water get low. Pump is/has been running 24/7.

Sorry for the lack of updates got busy with school. I boght more chlorine to shock the pool and got busy so my wife decided to add it herself with the pump chlorinator running 24/7. I finally got a Chance to vacuum the pool and check the water today now that semester is almost over and I have a new problem.

FC is 30, I will keep checking this every other day till I get closet to my target. then
TA110
CYA 80-90
Didnt bother testing PH as I know super high CL will throw off PH reading.

Should I dilute the pool to bring down the FC or let it ride. I have turned off the Salt water chlorinator and set the pump to run 8 hrs a day based on last years required filtering to keep the pool clean and clear. will turn it back on when FC drops. We have 80F and sunny in the forcast for next week.

You say rain will have very little effect but when it rains for 24-36 hrs strait at an average 0.5-1" and hour it has to do something.

- - - Updated - - -

Rain will have very little effect on the pool.

Are you saying that the water was at one point crystal clear this spring, but now is clouding up again?
Nope We let it take a natural course over the winter so this spring started with swamp green water and 100lbs + or - of organic matter and a dead squirrel.

It is now crystal clear

You say rain will have very little effect but when it rains for 24-36 hrs strait at an average 0.5-1" and hour it has to do something.
Well, of course, if you got 20" of rain in Tallahassee it will have an effect but it is safe to say that MOST OF THE TIME, rain has little effect on a pool's chemistry.

How much rain did you get??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.