Lights in Pool/ Jandy Aqualink RS

tomfinch

Mar 11, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
A couple months back the 2 lights (120 volt) stopped working and I figured the bulbs simply died. That is not the case because both come on about once every 2 or 3 weeks. Very strange but at least I know it's not the GFI or the light bulbs. Since the work intermittently, and I mean very intermittently, can I assume it is some sort of issue with the Jandy Aqualink RS board? Does anyone have a troubleshooting guide for light issues with this board? I am no electrician but if it's a board issue I think I can at least give it a try.

Thanks

Next, if you are comfortable with it, is to check that you are getting voltage out of the relay (when clicked on). Then voltage at the jbox. If you are getting voltage at the jbox and the lite is not coming on, The problem is in the fixture. Or a bulb loose, but Both lights with loose bulbs??

Or...

You can try resetting the system memory. Only problem with doing that is that you will need to rebuild all the settings, labels, programs, time, date, etc.

Pool Clown guess what?? You are a savior my friend. Today I learned to use a voltage meter and I now know what a relay switch is and what it does. It was the relay and I had 2 spares on the board that were not in use. I copied the wiring and then swapped the switch and I now have working pool lights. Thank You for taking the time to give input to an insurance agent now turned electrician/ pool repair guy : )

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.