3 phase power....

Jun 14, 2008
I have finally decided on my pool design, builder, options, e.t.c. Signed the contract on Thursday, The pool outline was marked on the lawn Fri. Today they leveled of the area with a bobcat and Monday we Dig!! Yeah !!!

Here is something I never brought up to the Company and now that I realize it, it's Saturday night and the diggin crew is arriving at 6am Monday.

I have 3 phase power to my house.

Is this going to be a problem ? Or, hopefully, is this not that big of an issue.

THANKS

Many services are 3-phase. The main panel then splits it into the needed voltages. For example, a 3-phase 220 service gives you several options: Three-phase power for special needs, straight 220v by using two of the phases, and 110 by using one phase. The connections can all be done in the breaker panel depending on what the needs are.

Here is his reply:

The equipment may be much higher priced, but would use about 86 percent of the power that single phase would. The savings would eventually pay the equip cost diff. The question is how fast. There would prob be a minor increase in cost to wire three phase as well. I'd guess single phase would be the way two go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.