From memory, and very close: Yes, 25 ml tests, always...except FC
pH 7.4-7.5ish
TA 170-180
CH 710-720

Yesterday: Ran them twice to be certain...:whip:
pH 7.58
TA 210
CH 740

I have two sources to check out yet, but I'm not sure I can improve a whole lot on this for my fill even trucking in one of those sources. If I can get either, and one is better, it probably wont be by more than 500 CH and 160 TA. I do plan on some makeup from my softener, but it's only good for 400 gallons a whack. I'll be using a little acid no doubt. :roll:

I wish I could give you some of my exceedingly soft water. My tap CH is 40. Yup, you read that right. Come to GA and get all you want! :jocolor:

:google: <--just added this for fun cause my kid works for Google

To the extent that you can, that water softener will, of course, bring CH down and I know you know how to manage the pH.

That you have done your homework upfront, makes me think that softener can handle it for you..........just a real PITA.

Looks like a 4 month build and a 4 month fill---(400 gallons at a time).:D
SUPPOSED to get 2 to 3 inches over this afternoon and tonite here. I'll set out some buckets for ya'.

To the extent that you can, that water softener will, of course, bring CH down and I know you know how to manage the pH.

That you have done your homework upfront, makes me think that softener can handle it for you..........just a real PITA.
After a long discussion, I think I should withdraw the suggestion that brushpup's w/s will handle the capacity of his pool.

While it's marginally conceivable, I am thinking the capacity of w/s required for a pool that size simply won't let it keep up......unless you want to spend your life managing your pool water.........that's not why we build them, is it?

So, if a pool is a lot smaller (say 10k) then a whole house w/s would probably work but very unlikely on a pool his size.

Hi there Aussieta.... Try calling the fire brigade in your area, they've been know to help fill swimming pools, if that doesn't work, you can ring companies that use water trucks to fill the road barriers full of water, they should be able to fill your pool..... Here in Canberra we use a company called ACTQ or the firies... :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Let me know what you find out on the trucking of H20. I'll likely use City water to fill mine...as I imagine it's cheaper than trucking in water.

The latest water report I can find online shows city water @
PH 7.9
TA 124
CH 562

No doubt it will be. I have no idea about it's properties though Do you have a good test kit yet? If so, it will be good practice to test your tap, and tell you what's in it.

You might call the city an see if there are pool filling restrictions right now as well.

There are restrictions last I talked to them. Basically I can fill a pool on my watering days.

I posted the most recent results that my city has on their website in my last message (I have a bad habit of editing posts).

I don't have a test kit yet.

I've done a little research and having it hauled to where I am is a dime per gallon. I'll be getting a sample to see if their claim on quality is as good as they say. They are telling me 96 CH and 345 Total Hardness. That raises a flag, but they are the best in town I've been able to find. There are others but they cost the same or more, and have access to water no better than mine. I'm close to these guys, or it would cost me more per gallon. :shock:

Waiting on them to call me back so I can arrange a sample pickup. They sounded very surprised I was testing my own sample. :mrgreen:

I've done a little research and having it hauled to where I am is a dime per gallon. I'll be getting a sample to see if their claim on quality is as good as they say. They are telling me 96 CH and 345 Total Hardness. That raises a flag, but they are the best in town I've been able to find. There are others but they cost the same or more, and have access to water no better than mine. I'm close to these guys, or it would cost me more per gallon. :shock:

Waiting on them to call me back so I can arrange a sample pickup. They sounded very surprised I was testing my own sample. :mrgreen:

I bet it's pretty uncommon.

I'm curious to see what you get.

Well, I got the sample, and it is indeed much better than mine. No sub 100 CH, so I'm thinking someone read the test report wrong or there was testing error. I'm fairly familiar with local water and I've never heard of that within a 100 miles of here. So here's what I found...Now I have to decide how much I want to splurge on the get me ahead of the game. It will be very expensive, but I'll be getting at least a substantial partial fill.

pH-7.66
CH-260
TA-170
Fe-I'll find out today.
TDS-664

I forgot to take the sample with me yesterday, so it will have to be Monday. :hammer:

Don't expect much, but they told me their report said 0.15. They also use lined tankers so they don't transfer metals that way. Also to meet drinking water certification Standards, as they haul that too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.