First time pool owner looking for advice Allen tx

Mar 15, 2014
We have recently started the quote process. For our 1st pool since owning our home. We already have 1 quote from a builder and are expecting another one next Friday. Heard some horror stories from a few neighbors so we have eliminated those PBs. We would like to get another quote is there any one else anyone that lives in the dfw recommends? Once I get the second quote we will be looking to select a builder. The permits are going out to the city Monday. It there some helpful advice or thing to look forward to? I will be updating this thread as we move along in the building process. Also we have decided to go with pebble sheen. Any comments about that vs plaster?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We have lots of DFW area members, some should be along before long, but this is still the off season and a lot of members will not check in until the spring thaw finishes, likely in the next few weeks for the DFW area.

Ike

Thanks for all the help we got 2 quotes and getting 2 more next week river bend and Reber. We were wonder what type of deck should we get stamped concrete, rock salt concrete coolcrete( something like that). We were trying to get decking that's not too slippery. Wife wants stamped concrete but I hear its slippery. Were looking to get about 550-600 sf done 308 is our existing patio. Any thoughts.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am getting rock salt concrete mainly because we have that in the front of our house. In our last house we had sealed stamped concrete and it was slippery and we didn't have a pool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In ground 84 feet perimeter; Gallons ??Jandy VSP; Jandy DE60; Jandy LXI 400k NG; Barrcuda T5;

We finally chosen a builder and have a rough draft of the pool we want.

adyze5am.jpg

tepysysa.jpg

ese2atu5.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396491226620.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396491226620.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 146
Pool is 87 perimeter ft. Coping is Tennessee flagstone decking is rock salt concrete. Haven't finalized the color. We also are using beadcrete. 2 led lights. All pentair equipment. Specific details to come. Hopefully we can get the permits from the city in 3 weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.