A little bit of knowledge helps a whole lot!

Jun 2, 2008
Marana, AZ
3 crazy things that happened this weekend that showed me how much having some knowledge helps.

1. I went into Leslie's to get their FAS-DPD test kit. Not only did they not carry it, they didn't even know what an FAS-DPD test kit was. They pulled out their complete DPD test kit, and I explained what the difference between a regular DPD and an FAS-DPD test was. When I told them that with the FAS you can measure chlorine up to 50ppm, they were impressed. Sad that I knew more about testing than they did. :roll: I will give the kid there credit for one thing, though. When somebody came in wondering how to tell if the dark stain on their pool was metals, he said to put lemon juice on it.

2. I was looking at the pool toys at Target. I saw some containers marked liquid chlorine for daily use or shock, for $4.14 a gallon. I picked it up to see the strength. It said "active ingredient: Sodium hypochlorite 5.25%." This from a store that sells gallon and a half containers of 6% bleach for $2.28. :roll: The sad part is some people will fall for that.

3. I got a free sample of Aqua-Chem guess strips. I used two this morning. Both showed my TC as 0, but my FC as 1. :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.