AG pool insulation

Mar 14, 2014
Kansas City
I'm thinking of adding a heater to my 15x24 above ground pool and also replacing the liner. Would it make sense to put insulation on the floor or walls under the new liner? Has anyone had any experience with Thero-Wall pool insulation or GLI Armor Shield for the floor? Would any of these type of things help keep heat in?

I really meant AG for above ground, not UG. What would that stand for Under Ground?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, an above ground pool is totally exposed all the way around and has more area to "contact" any cold or wind and such than an in ground pool. I'd probably spend my money on a good solar cover in conjunction with the proposed heater..

I don't have anything between my liner and the wall and have no regrets. I've read that people that have it if they had to do it again the would not get it. It can also increase the chance of the liner getting punctured. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.