Tree fell on our AGP, opportunities!

Apr 10, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
We have a 24' x 52' AGP that we had installed not even two years ago. A tree fell on it a few weeks ago and completely destroyed the plumbing and dented the wall. Although our new Hayward SuperFlo matrix pump survived! I had just installed it too the previous day and haven't even had a chance to run it! It replaced a speck pump, but both have similar ratings.

So we are having a new one built, and I went ahead and bought a Hayward in-ground pro series tank for our pool, and will be running it with our Matrix. Our old filter was a 21 inch one and this one is a 24. Will that be significantly better? Please any tips would be appreciated!

I think that pump is the Power-Flo right? The Superflo is from Pentair.

A bigger filter is usually better, it will just reduce the frequency of having to clean it. For a 13.5k pool, a 21" sand filter is fine. If your new pool is bigger, the 24" will certain not hurt anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.