Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of a RO service in Los Angeles particularly in West Hills/ Canoga Park area?

My CH was near 600 when i closed the pool and the water was also tasting a bit salty so Im thinking of RO rather than a water change. Tap water was CH around 90 last year but i dont know what it will be when i open the pool.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Changing water is likely cheaper even if RO is available. I only know of a company in Escondido and San Diego.

Of course with a little care, you can manage a pool with a CH of 600ppm ... some members have tap water over 700ppm.

I also highly doubt your salt level is higher than what is required for a SWG pool, so that should not be a concern.

I normally replace my water this time of year because of high CH but this year I am probably going to skip it and just deal with the high CH since CA is dealing with a drought. My CH is over 600 ppm too and there have been years where I let it get close to 900 ppm before refilling so I know it can be managed that high. You just need to keep PH at the lower end of the range ~7.2 and you should be ok. Oh and stock up on acid, you will probably need it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.