Test kits TF-100 or TF-50

Jun 6, 2010
Central Indiana
I already have a basic OTO/PH test kit at home so I am trying to decide if I need the TF-100 or the TF-50? The only differences that I caught for sure is the TF-100 includes the basic test kit I already have as well as more solutions to complete more tests...but since these things expire over time do I really need that many extra? Is it worth the extra $23 for the TF-100?

That depends on how tight on money you are. Most people doing standard testing for an entire pool season will prefer the TF-100, though it is certainly possible to get by with the TF-50 (if you don't get algae too often). The TF-50 has half as much R-0871, which is one of the most common reagents to run out of when you have a TF-100.

Also, the reagents should last two years (or more) if stored carefully, which is more than enough time to need to do lots of testing.

The TF-50 is set up for people like OP who already has a viable pH test (he does) and, As Jason Lion indicates, keeps a pretty clean pool.

While the TF-100 is the correct choice for the vast majority of us, The TF-50 sounds like a good fit for OP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.