Information From anyone with Radiant Pool

Aug 20, 2013
Hello, This is my first time posting to this forum. I am in So. Indiana and am in the process of having a Radiant 27 x 52 with a single speed one hp pump put in. I have never owned a pool and have a lot of learning to do.

I have ask these question's along with a list of others at my local pool shop where I am buying the pool. but thought it would be nice to hear from Radiant pool owners.

#1 Cost of running pump/filter per month and cost of chem.

#2 Anyone use Baquacil, if so how has it performed?

Any other information you might have would be welcomed.

Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

1) This varies depending on your electrical rates and how long you run the pump. With electricity around the national average, and if you follow the pump run time recommendations here, your electric costs should be around $20/month. If you run the pump 24/7 it will be much more than that.

Chemical costs also vary dramatically depending on what you do. Again, following our recommendations, you will probably spend less than $20/month, though startup will be more.

2) I strongly recommend that you stay away from Baquacil. The great majority of people who ask questions on the forum about baqua are asking how to stop using it.

Hi indianaguy! I'm also from Indiana and plan on installing a Radiant Metric 27' round pool this spring. Hubby and I are doing it ourselves. Still trying to decide on a pump and filter but am planning on going with the pool maintenance methods on this site (think it was called ABC and now maybe TFPM?). We decided not to purchase from our local pool dealer as purchasing online avoids sales tax and it's a bit less expensive anyway. Plus, we wanted a cartridge filter and our dealer only offer sand filters. Hopefully we can learn something from each other since we are both new to pools and installing the same one!

Thanks to both posters.Hello ashpool,We are going to have a contractor do our install due to going with a semi in ground setup.He has the equipment and the know how I don't.As I said this is our first pool so lots to learn.Please update us as you install your pool. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.