New Homeowner / Pool Owner

Well, I would suggest raising your CYA up closer to 50ppm. At this point you are almost letting the FC drop too low, so you need to add more FC when you dose. I would suggest not letting it get below 3ppm.

Each bottle is adding ~5.7ppm of FC ... that is a pretty high loss. But you are passing the OCLT, so I am kind of at a loss for explanation unless a lot of gunk is being blown in the pool.

You are letting the water circulate for at least 30minutes after adding bleach and before testing right?

Can't wait to see the drain in the deep end, that will be a huge milestone.]

The goal is not only seeing the drain at the deep end but clearly making out the screws that hold it down !! Then you know you have arrived.

Looks like it's time to toss some CYA in a sock in your skimmer. I haven't tried hanging it in front of a return as it's just too easy to put a loose knot in the sock and toss it in the skimmer. The thing is you need to go in there and knead that bag once in a while to get it dissolved. Like squeezing water out of a towel, let it saturate and squeeze again. Work it a couple minutes a couple times a day and it should be dissolved that day or next depending on how much time you spend on it. But apparently even when it's dissolved from the sock some can still get caught in the filter and take up to a week to fully dissolve and show up on the CYA test which is why pool school says not to backwash and to wait a week to retest once you make an addition.

Adding a solar cover might help with your chemical loss too since you're in full sun and if the area has a lot of wind when it's not storming. Depending on your waters temp not sure if you'd want one to add heat or reflect it.

yes I usually wait an hour before testing. I will definitely add some stabilizer in and raise it to 50. There is definitely a lot of gunk that blows in daily.. leaves , grass , blossoms etc. I try to empty the skimmer basket as often as possible , so it won't eat up the chlorine.

Also kiss4afrog , I can definitely see the main drain, clear as can be , even with the pump on. I did noticed at night with the pool light on and pump on , it looks like white particles floating by, they are very tiny , is that normal ? (only directly in front of the light source)

I wouldn't think it's normal but . . . I don't have lights so I have no clue if mine is doing it too.

Any chance it's bubbles ??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.