LifeTime Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
Denver, CO
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I found myself in the fortunate situation of having LOW (~20) CYA upon getting the pool rolling, probably due to the constant deluge we have had this winter in Houston. In any event I was browsing the Lowes site trying to find something cheaper than the $25 bucket of CYA at leslies and ran across this:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_450727-1772...L=?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

I have no idea whats in it ... don't really care. I do however suspect that it will be in the next wave of snake oil we have to talk folks out of.

Just bizarre.

Wow, the website offers no insight into what it is ...
Goodbye Dry! contains a proprietary ingredient which is different than other products currently on the market for swimming pools. This unique ingredient works to create softer feeling water and is the first product of its kind which allows the softening effects to be felt not just during, but after swimming as well.

I can not find any MSDS for it either.

Just pour some laundry softener in the pool ... that is what the bottle looks like :evil:

I have no idea whats in it ... don't really care. I do however suspect that it will be in the next wave of snake oil we have to talk folks out of.
Glad you recognize it for what it is. Couple of threads on it here already....

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/58450-Goodbye-Dry

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/58862-Silky-Swim-Goodbye-DRY

jb beat me to it, but here are more gems from the Silky Swim website:

How does Goodbye DRY! work?

Goodbye DRY! uses a proprietary technology to create a swimming pool experience for the swimmer like no other product available on the market. The result is water that feels softer on the skin during and after swimming, and leaves hair tangle-free.

What are the active ingredients in Goodbye DRY!?

Goodbye Dry! contains a proprietary ingredient which is different than other products currently on the market for swimming pools. This unique ingredient works to create softer feeling water and is the first product of its kind which allows the softening effects to be felt not just during, but after swimming as well.

I looked for the MSDS and came up empty too. That should be the biggest red flag of them all.

If I remember, next time I go to Lowe's I'll take a look at the label and see if there's anything on there that can shed some insight.

Seems there is no answer for this yet. I looked at the other threads and couldn't find anything on a Google search either. For now it's still top secret I guess. :p

But agree, its snake oil and If I don't know what it is or what it does, I won't be in my pool.

I did some searching and can't find an SDS for it either. It's apparently made by Biolabs and they're notorious for not being forthcoming with info.

P.S. For future info. MSDS's are changing to SDS's. It's a government change trying to align us with the rest of the world!

I did some searching and can't find an SDS for it either. It's apparently made by Biolabs and they're notorious for not being forthcoming with info.

P.S. For future info. MSDS's are changing to SDS's. It's a government change trying to align us with the rest of the world!

Yep, I guess you took the required assimilation...I mean training in December too eh? :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm so glad I found this site before I set up our first ever pool ... although it does make swimming anywhere else a somewhat frightening experience! ** No snake oil for me! **

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.