Aqua sheer and Pentair magic waterfalls

CCisotope

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 1, 2013
Cypress, TX
We are currently building a pool and I went out today to look at the sheer descents and noticed that they were Aqua sheer descents. We were told by Mr.PB that we were getting the Pentair Magicfalls and I was wondering if the aquasheer is the same thing as the Pentair magicfalls. When I did a quick search online it seems they are only used indoors for bathtubs and showers and that they are not a Pentair product. I have a feeling that Mr.PB switched out the Pentair Magicfalls sheer descent with these and wanted to confirm my suspicions. Can these Aquasheers be used outdoors?

Here's a picture of the installation page with the product name.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Here what the sheer descent looks like

This is the 3 ft sheer descent in our middle wall and is alot of missing cement or thinset underneath near the tile....I suspect this will cause a lot of problems later if water should get into those gaps.

If my contract said Pentair I would stop them and make them get me the right thing. Sounds like to me they are trying to change to something cheaper. IMHO

thanks Flippy, I asked the hubby about this and the contract does not have it written out that they are Pentair sheer descents, just a 3 ft sheer descent. So we will have to keep these.

Hubby looked up the info after my concerns and he found out that the aqua sheers can be used for outdoors and they are about 100 bucks cheaper than the Pentair ones. They are made in the USA and not some cheap knockoffs so that gives me some comfort.

This is what happens when I leave the equipment details to the Hubby :)...

regardless of what the contract says, the PB should stick by his word that you were getting the Pentair products. IF he doesnt that is a bad PB imho.

I know I brought this up with the Hubby...at this point this is a minor issue and don't want to deal with the hassle of getting all the glass tile removed and everything else. Just hoping they work correctly and give the same effect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.