Extreme makover intex ultraframe pool addition

Jan 29, 2014
Thanks to some awesome ideas and plans from you guys i'm about start an extreme makeover on an intex pool like never seen on this forum. I cant stand how the ultraframe pool looks so I'm wrapping the frame with bamboo fencing, hard-plumbing the filters using methods in this forum, and adding a pool Nanny cam. I will photo document the project and give lists of parts throughout the project

13210061374_a2411d9d0d_b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
13209884543_ffd449f62c_b.jpg
Here is the Pool Nanny Cam using a 49 dollar waswan camera with audio and an enclosure off amazon.com. I buried the cord in pvc pipe. The junction box is water sealed with electrical putty and can be opened to add or subtract items

Is that your filtration and chlorination? I like your adapting the Intex to the inline chlorinator. Not a fan of the undersized cartridge filter. Way to much maintenance required with those filters since they are so small. Can't wait to see the pool wrapped up in bamboo I was thinking of doing the same to mine. Do you take your pool down for winter?

I am upgrading from an inflatable 15 ft intex to the 16 ft ultra frame. this filter vortexes a 15 ft x48 ft and is rated at 2500 gph its not the 1500. I figure use it since i already have it. Also i have tons of pictures to show more progress however i guess i'm at my max for pictures here. whats a recommended place to archive pictures so i can post here. I will be posting the parts list via lowes recipt for fittings. I don't plan on taking it down at all once its up in Southern Louisiana it seldom gets below freezing

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is a Photo of the Liner fittings for the intex 2500 gph and the smaller ones are for the a type A small canaster filter by intex to run a fountain on. the hose clamps slide on the small end and the other end is set to receive 1 1/2 pvp pipe
CCCCFCE5-6653-4ACF-AD22-2BBB21E45188.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

here is the base for the filter system
6F3D00DC-6C41-423E-8EBB-D53C71441470.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

leveling the sand after the kids used it as a sand pit during the winter. you can see the pool nanny cam to the left

- - - Updated - - -

here is the bamboo fence panels im using debating on staining next year when sun removes wax off it
17C457F5-7A97-48F0-B9C0-D4D467826A48.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

never had a pool up for greater then 1 year **** ferrel cat clawed the inflatable ring on mine that's why im going with ultra frame and wrapping sides with bamboo keep dog and ferrel cats from damaging the liner from the sides.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.