Valve Adjustments

Oct 29, 2013
I was wondering if there was a specific way to adjust your return valve? I don't have it "all the way" open, rather about 1/4 of the way to allow enough pressure to run my cleaner which is attached to an actuator valve. Is this bad to restrict the return to the pool, or should I have it wide open all the time? Great forum!

I am unclear how closing a valve partly would help the cleaner :scratch: can you post a picture of your setup?

But, partly restricting the flow is ok as long as there is still some water moving.

I cannot get enough pressure to the cleaner line to make the cleaner run at the recommended 28-32 rpm. Playing with the valves today, I closed the pool return line to see if the cleaner line would pick up the necessary pressure. It did. I don't want to run the return line closed all of the time for obvious reasons, so I have it partially open to hopefully balance the pressure between the two lines so the cleaner has enough pressure. I will post a pic of the setup soon. The return coming from the filter branches out to the pool return, spa return, waterfall, fountain, cleaner. I am just hoping I don't need to invest in a booster pump for the cleaner line. I will take a pic tomorrow and post. Thanks!

If your cleaner is not deigned for a booster then that would not help. Some cleaners are designed for the high pressure, low flow from a booster; others need the lower pressure, high flow from a regular pump.

Just put the valve how they need to be to run the cleaner, even if that is all the flow. (They need certain flow rate, not pressure as you keep stating ;) )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.