New pool - guidance on test kit

Yakag97

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 9, 2014
Pearland, TX
I recently ordered the TF-100 kit but then realized I should have asked for a little guidance first. The pool which is still being built will be SWA. Is there any additional items I should have ordered to support a SWA pool? The kit came with R0011L which is in a container marked "chlorine only". Will I use this or not?

After watching the instruction videos I will be ordering the speedstir device.

Yes, you will use it because your SWG will make Chlorine. You will be testing for it so that's why. It is actually a test vial that is marked Chlorine only. The R0011L is a testing reagent for Calcium. Perhaps down the line you'll want a salt test kit, but the TF-100 has all you'll need really. Good choice on the stirrer, you'll never regret it.

The "chlorine only" cylinder and the R-0011L inside it are completely unrelated.

I suggest you get a sample of your fill water or tap water and sit at a table and perform the tests one at a time. It'll make it a lot easier when you begin to fill you pool. You were not premature on getting a precision test kit.

You will know exactly what to add even befor your poll is filled to the top. You are w-a-a-ay ahead of the game.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.