Restoring In ground Concrete Pool

Jul 15, 2013
I'm preparing to do restoration on my pool.
I've in ground concrete plaster pool in irregular shape.

I've few ideas how to do it but I need a little advice.
I would like to do it by myself for many reasons.

1. What to choose to "paint". I was thinking about one from 3 possibility:
- epoxy paint (can I use paint sprayer?)
- Aquaguard 5000
- Ultraguard
- Open for any other alternative
As much as I know epoxy paint as much I do not know anything about Aquaguard 5000 & Ultraguard.

2. I need to replace one skimmer.
Is there any way to do it without crushing concrete around? Or what is the best way to do it?

3. What is the best way to fix/patch concrete plaster (what to use). I've two bubbles in bottom of my pool I would like to fix.

4. Do I really need pool tiles on skimmer level. I know that they looks nice but it is an extra cost and I've tight budget.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I'll do the best I can with some of these.

1. I don't know about applying the paint with a sprayer, but will say no paint we've heard of holds up more that 2 or so years.

2. I think skimmers are usually cut out/dug up/replaced and cemented in during this operation. Search around here, you may find some help on that.

3. Not sure, but it can be done. Again, search around.

4. I think so. You can't leave it plastered and most anything you can cover it with probably wont be too attractive. Also, you need something durable for the water and air interface.

These certainly aren't end all be all advice items, and perhaps someone can shed more light and ideas.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

1. Like brushpup said, we don't like ANY paint product well enough to suggest it's use.

2. Replacing a skimmer in an IG pool is not for the fainthearted. Budget or not, I would call in a pro.

3. What's "bubbling"? The plaster?

4. Without "scum line" tile, you will develop just that....a permanent scum line that will be quite difficult to keep clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.