Rigid PVC heated and bent in OKC spa!

It was just the standard torch hooked up to a propane bottle. Which makes one wonder what damage could have occurred if heated too much? I can see the risk/reward with flex or heated rigid, I just chose to take the chance with rigid.

I've got a pretty cool tool in my backyard right now. It appears to be built just for this purpose. It's a box with holes in each end. Along the inside is a heating element. Box is probably 24-30" long.

Just finished re plumbing our pool. I used the torch and propane bottle method extensively. We would lay the 10ft sticks of 2" pvc on the driveway. One person at one end rolling it on the ground while the other person ran the heat down the pipe. Took a few tries to get it right but it was very effective. Use very few 45 and 90 degree elbows. If I had know how well it works I would have gone to a plumbing supply house and gotten 20ft sticks. That would have reduced the amount of couplers I had to glue in place. I have used it with electrical work as well. Just do it in a very well ventilated area.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.