White, chalky stains and "Leslie's Ultimate Scale & Stain Remover"

Dec 30, 2013
Warner Robins, GA
About three weeks ago I posted that I had some white, chalky stains on the sides and bottom of my fiberglass pool. The stains are my fault; I hadn’t yet begun the TFP maintenance regimen. Using test strips (I know….bad, bad, bad!) the pool’s TA indication showed to be way low. So…based upon the directions and required amount of product recommended on the box, I proceeded to dump a good sized box of “Alkalinity Up” into the pool. The stains showed up within 30 minutes or so (don't know what caused them) and all attempts to brush them off have failed. Now…I found a product at Leslie’s called “Leslie’s Ultimate Scale and Stain Remover”. The product info states that it’s a non-irritant to swimmers (not an issue in this weather) but I’m wondering if this stuff will throw my other chemicals off AND will this product really work.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Barry

We are having a similar problem. We have tried lowering the ph to 6.0 for 2 weeks and put serveral gallons of scale remover in the pool (26,000 gallons). Nothing happened at all. Been scrubbing bottom and sides of the pool for 6 weeks. Two weeks with ph at 6.0 and 4 weeks with ph of 7.4 We are being told you can feel scale and that if you scrape it, the scale will come off. We can not feel anything and nothing comes off at all. Looks streaky on the walls. The bottom is whiter and worse in certain areas. Unsure what to do at this point. Any ideas on what this could be other than scaling?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.