Help with Outdoor Kitchen and Cabana / Shed

Shaf77

Jun 10, 2010
Toronto, ON. Canada
First, thanks to all the help I always get from TFP.

Here are some links to our build to give you a visual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiWxuxDJK3E

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/69387-Pool-Build-Time-Lapse-in-Toronto

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/58073-Finally!!-New-Build-in-Toronto-ON

I am looking for help on a couple of items.

Outdoor Kitchen - plan to build one as soon as the weather gets better. Steel frame, durablock and veneer. L shape. Sink and BBQ (Weber S660).

Where would you install it? On the drawing, I have option A and B.

A is against the house, B is away and against the fence.

Thoughts?

Cabana / Shed

As you can see from some of the pics, we had a 19' x 12' concrete pad poured during the build. Its at the back and the pool equipment is at the end of it.

Wanted to build a structure that looks nice, would be functional and server as storage as well. Would most likely have all pool equipment inside too. French doors at front and a single one at back too. Hopefully a covered porch area as well.

Some pics that I liked are below.

Any suggestions on design for this? Thanks!!!

Cabana%20and%20Kitchen.jpg

06-outdoor-structure.jpeg

Cabana.jpg

1. I put my grill close to my house under my little patio since I grill all year round and do not want to walk all the way across the yard to grill some burgers.

2. Cover looks very nice. Anytime you have an enclosed area, the cost will significantly rise. We're building a large cover and will use a free standing shelving unit with doors to house towels and stuff. For pool toys and other junk, we're just planning on hiding some large plastic bins behind the cover. You can go to page 4/5 in my sig for our cover.

French doors would be very nice....

My PB designer told me that it is a good idea to never have your back to your guests. Have you thought of flipping "A" and have the counter area double up as a bar area facing the seating/dinning area?

Just an idea

Are you prurchasing a BBQ island kit? if so which one?

That cabana/storage is going to look sweet.

Thanks for all the comments.

Still struggling with where to have the bbq area.

As for cabana - any other pics for suggestions? With all the snow we get in Toronto, I will need a shed as part of it to store all the stuff.

I already have an RG6 and 2 CAT6 cables run from the house in a 2" conduit to the cabana pad.

BBQ - I already have the Weber S660 - So will likely custom fit it into the island or maybe take out the wings/sides..

The idea to flip A is an option too I guess. I just felt that If I did that, I would be "locked in" when bbqing...

The distance from A to B in the options is only about 12-15 ft..

Is you flip A it will double as a bar/seating area thus doubling your counter space vs. being pushed up against a wall. Not to mention your back will be to your guests.

You could also add lighted shelving to the wall maybe for bottles of liquor?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I like "B", but get it away from the fence and maybe even flip it. It'll allow for more seating/standing all the way around the island. Also, it seems you have the space and you are patient with planning the perfect set-up...so go with a full size sink, add a disposer, pull out shelves, ice-bin or fridge and an on-demand electric water heater (cheap but very useful). With this you are fairly self sufficient and will reduce the trips back to the house. Love the Cabana pic (who wouldn't? :) ). I agree with the storage aspect, but a restroom would be nice as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.