Please sanity check me

May 22, 2008
NW New Jersey
Just got my TF-100 and gave my water a complete check. I just had a new liner installed, so I am starting from a complete fill from my well. My pool is a 23000 gallon 18x38 vinyl lined IG.

My current values are:

FC: 3
CC: 0.5
pH: 7.5
TA: 260
CH: 40
CYA: 35

I know my TA is on the high side, due to my mis-assumption on the pool size and over-calculating the amount of baking soda I needed. However, from the reading I've done here, that in itself is not a problem due to my pH being very stable and CH low enough that I'm not having any clouding issues.

The water itself is crystal clear.

Please give your opinions on whether I should lower the TA or just let the acid rain lower it.

thanks,

Jim

jvanator said:
Please give your opinions on whether I should lower the TA or just let the acid rain lower it.

thanks,

Jim
Rain is going to be more likely to cause your pH to rise, even acid rain, because of the amount of aeration it produces. I suspect that you will see a pH rise fairly fast with a TA that high. Just monitor it daily.

waterbear said:
Rain is going to be more likely to cause your pH to rise, even acid rain, because of the amount of aeration it produces. I suspect that you will see a pH rise fairly fast with a TA that high. Just monitor it daily.

I always have a solar cover on when it's not being used (keeps the leaves out), so I doubt I have lot of aeration due to rain. I'll keep a close eye on it, if it gives me problems, I'll dig the muriatic acid out of the garage. I always knew I used that chem degree someday....just took 25 years. :)

Thanks for the suggestions,

Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.