Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please sanity check me

1. Back To Top    #1

Please sanity check me

Just got my TF-100 and gave my water a complete check. I just had a new liner installed, so I am starting from a complete fill from my well. My pool is a 23000 gallon 18x38 vinyl lined IG.

My current values are:

FC: 3
    CC: 0.5
    pH: 7.5
    TA: 260
    CH: 40
    CYA: 35

I know my TA is on the high side, due to my mis-assumption on the pool size and over-calculating the amount of baking soda I needed. However, from the reading I've done here, that in itself is not a problem due to my pH being very stable and CH low enough that I'm not having any clouding issues.

The water itself is crystal clear.

Please give your opinions on whether I should lower the TA or just let the acid rain lower it.

thanks,

Jim
    18x38 23000 gal vinyl IG, Hayward Perflex EC-75 DE filter, 1.5 HP pump, Polaris 380 cleaner, 3 grown kids, 2 dogs.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Please sanity check me

Welcome to TFP!

As long as you don't have problems with your PH rising, go ahead and leave TA where it is.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jvanator

Please give your opinions on whether I should lower the TA or just let the acid rain lower it.

thanks,

Jim
    Rain is going to be more likely to cause your pH to rise, even acid rain, because of the amount of aeration it produces. I suspect that you will see a pH rise fairly fast with a TA that high. Just monitor it daily.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by waterbear
    Rain is going to be more likely to cause your pH to rise, even acid rain, because of the amount of aeration it produces. I suspect that you will see a pH rise fairly fast with a TA that high. Just monitor it daily.
    I always have a solar cover on when it's not being used (keeps the leaves out), so I doubt I have lot of aeration due to rain. I'll keep a close eye on it, if it gives me problems, I'll dig the muriatic acid out of the garage. I always knew I used that chem degree someday....just took 25 years.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Jim
    18x38 23000 gal vinyl IG, Hayward Perflex EC-75 DE filter, 1.5 HP pump, Polaris 380 cleaner, 3 grown kids, 2 dogs.