New pool in Las Vegas

TS

Jan 13, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Hi I'm new here :)
We're about 2 weeks into building our new pool and thanks to lurking on this forum my husband and I are much more knowledgeable about pool construction than most of our PB clients.

My question is, how tolerant of mistakes are you with your pool build? So far the only problems we've had have been with the plumber. Seems like just about everything he's done has been messed up in some way, from installing the water service on the wrong side of the house tied into the wrong water lines, to not installing the air pipes for the spa because the jets were back-ordered (we didn't find out this one until the gunite guys came by today and said they couldn't do the spa because it wasn't ready).

Our PB is on top of getting everything corrected and how it should be, but seems to think this is no big deal - "things happen" as he put it. We on the other hand are close to requesting his plumber never steps on our property again. Are we overreacting? We've agreed to meet in the middle and requested the PB be onsite supervising anytime the plumber is working.

And some pics: first one is digging the hole, second is after the steel and plumbing were installed

Attachments

• IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 20140228_071727.jpg
    20140228_071727.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 138
Hi TS,
Welcome to the forum. Your pool looks great!

As for the plumber, sounds like you have things under control by requesting the PB be there to oversee his work.
Hopefully this will be the last of any issues you have during your build.

Enjoy
G&D

Didn't do it with the pool build and probably regretting it due to the leak, but never having built a pool before we were too stupid to know what was right and wrong. We did however, tell the owner of the company that installed our electric driveway gate that his electricians - Moe and Curly, were incompetent and we wanted professionals to come back and check things - they found lots of mistakes that ultimately could have shorted out the whole house!

We have kinda the same thing going on with our build. I am trying to watch as much as possible and ask a lot of questions without being a pain. We both have to live with the end results and the PB is long gone.
Why did your PB order gunite if the spa was not ready? One day at a time, one step at a time! :)
Good luck.

shell is poured. next up tile . . . when it gets here in two weeks :rolleyes:
I didn't know you had to water gunite 3-4 times a day. Learn something new everyday.
16bfd780-5ba6-403d-8ff6-a8b2a73cd837_zpsd844ef5e.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.