Mustard algae? I just don't get it!

cnshough

In The Industry
Jul 3, 2013
I've had my FC levels at 40 for the last week. CYA is 50, pH is 7.8. I can't get rid of what I thought was mustard algae. I pass the OCLT. The pool is clear. I brush and backwash, but within 24 hours it's reappearing on the bottom, never the sides. I have stuck a water hose in my sand filter, to declump any clumped up sand, but that didn't help either. Any suggestions?

This stuff that keeps reappearing on the bottom , if you touch it does it just cloud up and disappear or can you still see it and it just moves around ? What color is it ?

If you can put your location in your sig ?

Based on your test results and description, it sounds like the filter. Did you also check the laterals in the filter? A cracked/broken lateral in filter could allow the sand to come back into the pool.

I've had my FC levels at 40 for the last week.
:shock: Your liner and equipment will not like being nuked! In the future, should you need to SLAM the pool, we suggest you follow the SLAM guidelines in Pool School because we know the predictable outcome and it will be safe for your pool and equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.