f3justusc

Aug 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am having a 15x52 Sharkline pool installed that will replace an Intex. I currently do not have the money to buy a new pump and the Intex pump works great. Is there any reason that I cannot/should not use the Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump on the Sharkline pool? I understand the connections are a bit different but I have found a way to workaround this inconvenience. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks. One more question. I happen to have two Intex Sand Filters. Instead of spending the money on a brand new large one, would it make sense to hook them both to the pool? Again, it's a 15x52.

You only have a little over 5000 gallons. How big are the sand filters? You only need about 12-13" diameter for that pool. So, I would think using one of them would be fine.

There are a few members that have used 2 filters. You need to plumb them in parallel so they each see similar flow and you would want a 3-way valve before them to be able to backwash one at a time.

I would try one and see how it goes. If you do not like how often you need to backwash (when the pressure rises 20-25% over the clean pressure) then consider adding the 2nd one.

Sorry it took so long to get back to this. I have a 19" sand filter. It has been running for a few days and the pool, as all my pools have been, is crystal clear. I figured since I also have a 14", it would be good to hook them both up but I think that I will just keep the smaller one as a backup - or just to ensure the shed stays cluttered.

Also, the installer hard plumbed the Intex pump/filter and it is working great. I am getting so much more flow out of the pump than I ever did with the hoses that came with the system. It has to be the hoses because nothing else has changed.

Thanks for all of you help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.