First test results!

Feb 24, 2014
CA
Still don't have the dipper but I think I was able to do fine without it.

27,000 GAL In Ground Pool/Spa.

Taylor K-2006
FC=6
CC=0
pH=7.2
TA=150
CH=775
CYa= >>>100

I did a test strip test (Leslie's brand) just before to compare results:

FC=5
TCL=5
pH=7.2
TA=180
TH=800
Cya=250

First thing I think I want to do is reduce the Cya to something under 100 by changing out some of the water. I think I want to do this by using a sump pump in the deep end while filling at the same time on the shallow end. I'm afraid to drop the water too much even though i live in a dessert climate.

Yep your looking at some water replacement to lower that CYA level. You can do a half tap, half pool water and take that result X2. The test only reads to 100 normally. You would want your CYA level to be 30-50 ppm for a non SWG pool. For a SWG pool you want your CYA level to be 70-80 ppm.

Pool math will help you with how much water to replace.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html.

Your CH is a little high also. What is the CH of your fill water ?

Your FC is low for that CYA level. You would have to maintain a FC level of at least 7 ppm for CYA level of 100. More if the CYA level is higher which it probably is, but your going to take care of that problem.

As for the test strip results you can disregard those and not use them at all. You have yourself a good test kit.

What are you using for chlorine for your pool now ? If you can add all your pool and equipment, info to your sig it will help us better

Keep us posted on how things go. ?

Thank you.

Yes, it is a non SWG pool. Currently using the "pucks". Will discontinue using them after I change out the water. I'll check the CH of the fill water and try a dilution on the CYa test.

Any recommendations on a sump pump to buy? Would like to maybe just buy a cheap one from HR. Can probably get one for close to the price of renting one I imagine. Plus, I might have to use it a few times in a month span to get it "just right". Especially if I am filling while pumping.

Thank you.

Yes, it is a non SWG pool. Currently using the "pucks". Will discontinue using them after I change out the water. I'll check the CH of the fill water and try a dilution on the CYa test.

Any recommendations on a sump pump to buy? Would like to maybe just buy a cheap one from HR. Can probably get one for close to the price of renting one I imagine. Plus, I might have to use it a few times in a month span to get it "just right". Especially if I am filling while pumping.

Good job on ditching the pucks. ? Only bad things will happen with long term use of them.

I don't have any recommendations on a sump pump, but any of the big box stores will have a selection of them. Your probably right about just buying one.

Keep us posted on how things are going and if you have any questions you know where to come. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.