Help choosing lueders and concrete decking style to match house and porch in Austin

Jan 17, 2014
Hi All - We have finally getting somewhere on our pool build. Took quite a bit to drill through mountains of limestone, but its coming together quickly now. We also just finished a porch makeover to remove a terrible looking screened in porch with blue carpet, etc. We put in some cedar posts, rusty tin roof and a nice ceramic tile that has the look of old wood planks. We were originally thinking of going grey concrete (unstamped, uncolored) with a clean broom finish to compliment the simple square lines of the pool. We were also looking at doing concrete coping as well, then decided to do a Lueders stone coping instead to break it up and little while still keeping fairly clean. Then after we put the wood looking tile flooring in the porch floor along with the rusty tin and cedar, I'm wondering if that design is "too clean" of a look and won't fit in with the look of the porch and house. I'm starting to think maybe the grey concrete and grey lueders maybe too grey and modern looking and maybe I should look at changing to a sandstone or light brown color lueders and add a bit of color and/or stamp in the concrete decking. Definitely interested in thoughts there. For context, we were thinking about doing a step down that will run the entire length of the porch down to the concrete deck which would run the length of the pool and some decking to the right side. Deep end and back probably just a 2-3' walkaround strip. I was planning to do straight cut squared off lueder coping, but also thinking that maybe a chiseled edge on the inside of the pool maybe a good way to add some 'elegant/clean rustic-ness', but not sure if i like that as much as the clean line. Any ideas or thoughts to help spur our design and creativity side of our brain would be super appreciated. Heres some pics to help.

-Thanks,
JD

a4HuPjB.jpg

9iX1jzt.jpg

1WwCXIT.jpg

MEW5IPS.jpg

urtZWjz.jpg

YN1C2kB.jpg

Porch looks great. We have the brushed concrete with plans to do kool dec or something later since the pool blew the budget! I think the plain brushed look may be a bit stark for your layout, but you could have them add some color to it to compliment the house, maybe the lightest color in the stone work of your house. Good luck!

Here's one that I found that looks like they did a good job of keeping it clean and geometrical while still adding some color by going with what looks to be brown lueders. Maybe something along these lines (albeit a bit lighter shade of brown/sand) with some bone/sand type concrete would be the ticket.
R26V6le.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.