Ecopump

mark46143

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 24, 2013
Greenwood, IN
Hi,

it seems like summer will never get here but, in preparation for the summer, Im looking at a new pump.

I know there are some posts (not good) on here regarding Ecopump. Some of the posts are dated so I thought I would solicit the groups input.

I currently have an Intelliflo 1.5 hp VS+SVRS. It has 4 settings, like the customizing capabilities, etc.

The problem I have is;

I have 1 return in my floor, I have 6 jets, 1 skimmer and the <real problem with this pump> an in floor cleaning system. When the pentair gearbox runs it's cycle, it senses a drop in pressure (rightfully so) and kicks off. I have called pentair, had my pool company look at it and there's no way to bypass the "kicking off" because its a safety feature that the pump thinks the floor drain is obstructed. it will eventually restart but, it's a constant on and off routine.

i would like to accomplish an energy efficient pump as well as a pump that has better circulation.

Thoughts on Ecopump?
Thoughts on a better pump option?
Thats energy efficient?

Im open to you suggestions.

Thanks
Mark

The EcoPump is a two speed pump, not nearly as energy efficient as an IntelliFlo.

The key question is why do you have the version of the pump with SVRS? If SVRS is actually required, common with single drain floor drains, there is hardly anything you can do. Replacing the pump would disable the SVRS which would cause safety issues, and so you are stuck.

However, if there is no reason to have the SVRS feature in the first place then you have lots of options, including most obviously the non-SVRS version of the same pump.

Thanks for the reply. There's no reason or safety issue for the SVRS version. My last pump went out and this is what the pool store suggested (good ole pool store). I really just need to make sure the I have better circulation in 2014 to eliminate some of the issues I had last year with lack of water movement, algae. I know there are a few intelliflos pumps (IntelliProXF) that are still VS but don't have the SVRS component. Do you think a non SVRS pump would eliminate my problem?

I'm just looking for ways to keep the flow moving this year. Are there any other energy efficient pumps you recommend?

thanks

Thx

Yes, just about any non-SVRS pump, including the non-SVRS IntelliFlo, should solve the problem. As a general rule it is a bad idea to get an SVRS pump if you don't actually require one, for just this kind of reason.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.