Which liner? 2 options. Pleas help me choose

Aug 7, 2011
Shreveport, LA
I need to replace my 18ft round overlap liner. Local pool store sells these for about 15-20% more than I can get online. I found one liner here > (25 mil boulder swirl )http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Liner...18-ft-Round-Pool-Overlap-Liners/#BVRRWidgetID

And a cheaper liner here > http://www.ebay.com/itm/GLIMMERGLAS...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item43adc3c2b1

Do you think the cheaper liner would do ok?

My current liner only lasted two years. Seemed pretty thin. I imagine it was a 15 or 20 mil thickness.

Any advice or experience is appreciated.

There is a big difference in price. One thing I want to suggest is get at least a 25 mil liner. The liner IMO is one thing you don't want to skimp on. It would be hard for me to say which one to go with being the price difference's. If the cheaper one is of good quality then it would probably be ok. Maybe you can find some reviews on it and other liners. Also I think the print makes a difference on the prices. In the end the choice is going to be up to you.

I think they are worth the money. The main advantage of them is heat retention. Put it on when your done swimming and they help with heat loss at night. They will help some with solar heating, couple of degrees. I think the clear covers do better at heating from the sun than the blue ones. If it's a nice hot day out you'll get better heating with it off. Like I said though they are great in preventing heat loss at night and during the day if it's not that nice out and your not swimming.

I am having a new pool installed as we speak and I initially went with the cheap blue 20 mil liner. It has been sitting in the sun and boy, is it thin, I just spoke to the installer yesterday about upgrading to a 25 mil liner. I took a look at your Ebay link and that is a 25 mil liner and I would definitely buy it. There is also a 14 day return policy that could work for you if you have the time to try it. Perhaps, you could ask both companies to send you a sample. Either way, good luck.

Solar cover and, I just learned, a darker liner helps to keep the pool warm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey, I am in Florida. Although we have had a mild winter, I am ready for it to be over. I want full sun days, without the rain and 50s at night. We are only going to 76 on Saturday so I trust the installers know what to do when there isn't enough heat to stretch the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.