how do you bench test a jandy LXi Heater Blower motor?

Feb 17, 2013
I show power going to the motor from Blue wire and the ground so I'm assuming the motor is the issue but it spins freely, and doesn't show any signs of burn or shorting etc. Is there a way to bench test it to make sure that is the issue? the cheapest I can find the assembly is $387 so before I spend that I want to make sure it is the issue.

Thanks,

Visual inspection isn't always going to tell you that there is a problem. You could just have a bad run start capacitor especially if the unit turns freely.

A local pool store checked it out for me and it ran for him I plugged it back in and no good. I put the VOM probe on the Blue wire and a ground on the unit and get 115volts. If I connect to the white wire and the blue wire with the VOM probes I get nothing. I also get 115volts with any of the wires and touching the ground probe to the screw where other ground wires go to so I'm thinking the windings are OK but when I disconnect the motor and just touch the sockets with the probe (white and blue) I get no voltage. So do I have a bad power distribution board? should I pull it out and see what the back side looks like? Is there a way to trouble shoot the board?

Thanks,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.