Helping a friend!

Jun 27, 2008
Tennessee
I have been helping a friend now for a week with her 30' AG pool. It was originally green and I have cleared that problem up, but I can't seem to get her water to "sparkle" like it should. What should I try?

FC=7
CC=0
PH=7.4
ALK=100
CYA=90

By the way, I have been reading on the forum for about 6 months because we just purchased a house with a pool and I had no idea what to do with it. You guys are fabulous (and so is the BBB method). I have already converted 3 friends and tell everyone I know!

I know for me it took about two weeks of really keeping the pool at shock before it turned clear and sparkly. Vaccuuming and brushing daily. Everyday we would see a new portion of the bottom.

Just keep at it and it will turn...

With CYA at 90, FC should never go below 7 and you usually want it a little higher than 7.

It is also worth double checking the filter, to make sure it is operating correctly and see if it is due for a full cleaning.

I base it off of the PSI. As the pool is cleaned the PSI will go up anywhere to 5-10 PSI. At this point I would backwash it. There is much discussion at what point to backwash, and I think it all boils down to personal preference. Granted doing it too much will cause it not to filter as effectively, so try to wait until at least a 5 psi jump and probably closer to 10.

Good luck!

Branden

Every other year I like to open up a sand filter, remove obvious debris, and gently rinse and resettle the sand. If there are any clumps they should be broken up, and if the clumps can not be broken up fairly easily the sand should be replaced. You rinse and resettle the sand using a very gently running garden hose. Poke the hose into the sand all around. Be very gente, you don't want to break or displace any of the laterals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.