Grass around pool

Feb 27, 2014
TUJUNGA, CA
Hi. I am looking to put grass around my pool. It is a tight space near walls and I am curious about drainage and if I should worry about damage to the backside of the pool and put in some drainage. We don't get a lot of rain, but when it comes, it can be a lot.

Thanks,

Trevor

It is an in ground pool. I'm worried about rain seeping through the soil and damaging the concrete from the buried side. Is this a concern? My yard used to be all concrete and I am changing that up so instead of water washing off the concrete to a drain on the side yard, it will percolate down through the grass. It's not clay soil and does soak up the water to a point. thanks

Not a fan of fake grass. I'm putting in the grass for looks and a cooler temp surface. I'm wondering if something like a french drain is necessary or am I worried about nothing when it comes to damaging the concrete on the back side of the pool that is underground.

You're most likely worried for nothing. :)

Unless the rains would cause a lot of runoff to enter the pool itself I wouldn't worry about any type drainage.

There are pools like yours that sit in water so much that if they are drained they will float and it doesn't hurt the shell to be wet like that all the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.