draining pool

May 30, 2013
Mesa, AZ
have a few questions am thinking of draining the pool due to the pool is starting to have tiny floating particles nad i dont know how long it has been since anyone drain the pool. am going to do a filter replacement on the cart. and also replace the light bulb with a led bulb, so i figure i would drain the pool because am also going to soda blast the calcium on the tiles.. my other question is should i acid wash or chlorine was the pool because ive heard people not recommend to acid wash a pebble tech pool unless you really need to.

once all that is done what should be the first steps to bringing the chems back once a fill the pool. or should i not drain the pool at all?

In Mesa you probably don't have to worry about the water table, however there is hardly ever a need to drain the pool just because of "floating particles". There may be a reason but particles in the water is a filtration/circulation or sanitation issue not a "old" water issue.

As Zea said, a full set of test results on the pool water, and all but CYA on the fill water, would give us an idea of where you need to start.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.