Quote Opinions in Cypress, TX

Feb 16, 2013
Cypress, Tx
Hello All.
This is our first pool.. we spoke with 4 PBs and have narrowed with one.
I asked for a Freeform pool with a spa around 110 sq ft.
The PB offers transformable guarantee on the sheel of the pool. We are thinking of Salt pool.
PB is saying VS pumps will be additional but was saying the it won't be too much of a savings.

General
Pool/spa Perimeter 117’
Pool/spa area 539sqft.
Pool Size 35’ x 23.3’
Pool Depth 3’6”- 3’9”- 5’6”
Pool Tile - Standard pool tile at waterline
Pool Edge - Flagstone coping
Pool Structures
Raised Spa 12’’ with stacked flagstone spillway
Sun deck with 2 bubblers
7 Ton Natural Rock Waterfall
Decking -
Install approx. 839sqft. Concrete
Spray Deck 1269sqft. (Color of customer’s choice)

Pool Steel
4 - #4 rebar full 12’’ box beam
#3 rebar @ 8” O.C. in all areas

Plumbing
Install two gunite skimmers per plan
Install six return inlets
Install one dedicated Polaris cleaner line per plan
Install two main drains
Install one 2 hp circulation pump (Hayward TriStar)
Install one 2 hp water feature pump (Hayward TriStar)
Install one .75 hp cleaner pump (Hayward)
Install one 425sqft. cartridge filter (Hayward)

Gunite
Spray gunite to shell, raised beams, ledge, benches, and equipment pad
Trim all features, benches, steps, etc. per approved plan
Put all rebound in pad or ramp

Electric
Install and hook up one PS8 Controller with wireless aqua pod
Install and hook up one circulation pump
Install and hook up one waterfall pump
Install and hook up one Polaris booster pump
Install and hook up GFCI
Install and hook up 1 LED pool & 1 LED Spa light
Bond pool as required

Tile Coping
Provide and install multi blend Flagstone coping
Provide and install waterline tile per approved plan

Decking
Install 839 sqft. concrete per plan
Spray Deck 1269 sqft. (Color of customer’s choice)

Clean up
Clean up after gunite and new decking is poured

Equipment
1-425 cartridge filter
1- 2 hp circulation pump
1- 2 hp waterfall pump
1 -.75 Polaris cleaner pump
1-Chlorinator
2- Skimmers
2- Light niches
1-Pool lights
1-Spa Light
1-PS8 Controller with wireless aqua pod
1-280 Polaris cleaner
3-3 way Jandy valves
3-2 way Jandy valves
1-Spring check valve
1-1 hp Blower for Spa
1-400,000BTU Heater
Pole, net and brush

Interior
Quartz (Gemstone) 7yr warranty

Start up / Pool school
Start up all equipment
Adjust valves
Mastic installed
Instruct homeowner in use of pool

Not covered:
Fence; sprinklers; landscaping; grass sod; any utility reroutes or upgrade of service; or anything not included on improved plan.

Pool & Spa Price
$51,125.00

Pebble (15 year warranty) Option
$2,000.00

Salt Option
$1,200.00

Congrats on starting to move forward!

Looks about on the money to me for Houston.
I'd tend to agree about VS versus 2-speed given our electric rates are pretty low in Houston.
VS are cool but are a better option in high energy cost areas where you will recoup the upfront cost quicker.

Wow the Prices are high in my part of the state. If they have a good reputation, then that price is really good IMO.

One comment; ask if knocking a few feet off the perimeter length will reduce the price.
I think there can be extra charges for over 115 ft perimeter here (off the top of my head) so knocking a tiny amount off the pool perimeter might save you a little.

price looks good, but have them include the Sod and fence repair. Especially if they're going to go through a neighbors yard....irrigation is usually separate

Don't do Flagstone with the salt water option.

Make sure to have them include any electrical and plumbing in the quote, ie. gas runs, aux junction box if needed.

thanks cbink.. i looked for your listed tristar pump on amazon.
is it this one ?
http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SP322...sr=1-6&keywords=hayward+tristar+water+feature

how is your experience ? did you ask your Pb to get this pump or he uses this one.

Congrats on starting to move forward!

Looks about on the money to me for Houston.
I'd tend to agree about VS versus 2-speed given our electric rates are pretty low in Houston.
VS are cool but are a better option in high energy cost areas where you will recoup the upfront cost quicker.

Thanks vegas kid..i got a detached garage, so pb shd have ample of space to come from driveway , so luckily I won't have to have worry abt any of my neighbor's yards.

as per flagstone with salt, pb is saying they treat the rock & flagstone , but then will have to redo the treatment every couple of years.

price looks good, but have them include the Sod and fence repair. Especially if they're going to go through a neighbors yard....irrigation is usually separate

Don't do Flagstone with the salt water option.

Make sure to have them include any electrical and plumbing in the quote, ie. gas runs, aux junction box if needed.

Mine is a tristar but I'd have to go back and double check which one exactly as we ended up shifting things around a bit (I was originally going to have 3 pumps, one for pool/spa, one for waterfall and one for the slide). The slide and waterfall are now on one pump.

My main pool pump is a 2 speed - the waterfall/slide pump is a single speed and has more than enough power for the 3 waterfall outlets and the slide.

I've got no complaints so far - everything has worked perfectly for me.

I'd agree with Vegas kid about making sure the electrical is included and also the sod and fence repair. We did tear up a small portion of our neighbors front yard but our PB had it repaired and resodded within hours of the bobcat doing it (I had them rip out a flower bed of mine to stop them from going on my neighbors yard any more). They were closing on the house that day and the home builder wasn't best pleased - despite the fact that we'd okayed it with the home owner (actually if it had all closed when it was meant to it wouldn't have been an issue but there had been some delays due to the home builder not completing some items I believe so that's why the construction super intendant was a bit touchy - he apologized a day or so later).

So, yes, definitely worth making sure they're covering that kind of thing. We also got through a lot of sod (I think 9 pallets of the top of my head).
My sprinkler system was repaired separately - not cheap! Don't forget to budget for it or do it yourself if you're confident (and have the time!).

As for salt - mine is salt and I have a lot of rock (flagstone coping, moss rock waterfall and stacked stone walls). Time will tell whether this was a good decision or not. PB sealed it all for me prior to plaster and I intend to re-seal it before summer every year.
Things I have done to try and mitigate salt damage are sealing it, keeping my salt levels reasonable and not having more salt than I need in the pool (quite a few of the stories I've heard with issues the owners have had to drain the pool several times because of having too much salt in the pool) and in hot weather, hosing down the pool quickly after having lots of people (lots of splashout). Hopefully, between these measures the rock will last a decent amount of time. I got salt because I suffer from eczema and salt pools have always been much nicer on my skin than traditional chlorine pools (my son has similar skin issues too).
thanks cbink.. i looked for your listed tristar pump on amazon.
is it this one ?
http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SP322...sr=1-6&keywords=hayward+tristar+water+feature

how is your experience ? did you ask your Pb to get this pump or he uses this one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.