new TF-100 question

hey pool gurus... i just got notification that the tf-100 i ordered has been to delivered to my home. (and FAST too, i may add. very prompt service - thanx duraleigh). i can't wait to put it to use. i don't have a computer at my pad (i do all my internet stuff here at work), so i'll be without all your expert advice over the weekend, which leads me to asking y'all now if there is anything i need to be aware of before i start useing the new kit. any mistakes or misprints in the directions? anything that is vauge or hard to understand? or is it as simple and easy to use as the taylor kit i've been useing ? any tips would be appriciated.
thanx guys.

the test kit it great. I couldn't manage without it. But, you really will need a computer to be able to use the pool calculaor so that you will know what to do with the numbers from the test kit once you do your testing.
http://www.poolcalculator.com/

This calculator tells you exactly how much of 'whatever' you may need to add to your pool. This test kit and calculator have been completely invaluable to me since becoming a pool owner since last November. My pool has never been green or cloudy or murky or had any type of algae or anything. It sure makes being a pool owner a breeze.

Take the time to check your order to make sure everything is there and become familar with the kit. I do that with all my packages that comes in parts or pieces.

I tested my water for the first time and it was E Z ! :mrgreen: Took me 5 minutes and even did it with my 11 yo dd.

got the kit and it all worked out great. really easy to use. but i have one more question... i saw another post regarding this same problem. one of the droppers ( if i'm remembering correctly, it's the one that ends in 009) in the TA test puts out too small of drops. are the reagents in the tf-100 the SAME as the reagents in the taylor test kits? (i'm wondering because they have similar numbers) if so, can i just use the 009 reagent from my old taylor kit? or can i put a needle in the tf dropper tip to widen it out so it puts out bigger drops? just curious.

delfargo said:
got the kit and it all worked out great. really easy to use. but i have one more question... i saw another post regarding this same problem. one of the droppers ( if i'm remembering correctly, it's the one that ends in 009) in the TA test puts out too small of drops. are the reagents in the tf-100 the SAME as the reagents in the taylor test kits? (i'm wondering because the have similar numbers) if so, can i just use the 009 reagent from my old taylor kit? or can i put a needle in the tf dropper tip to widen it out so it puts out bigger drops? just curious.

Email Duraleigh and he will mail you a new tip. In the meantime he said just swap the tips, rinsing between uses.

delfargo said:
hey pool gurus... <SNIP> any tips would be appriciated.

Here is mine:

To be sure that the caps don’t get mixed up with other reagent caps, use a Sharpie and label each cap (ie, R-9, R-871, etc.) This also helps in finding the right reagent when doing specific tests.

For each set of test, I wrote 1, 2, and 3 on the specific bottles for that test to minimize the chance of adding them in the wrong order.

Finally, I also used the Sharpie to write on the bottle how many drops to use.

CRG_80cc said:
delfargo said:
hey pool gurus... <SNIP> any tips would be appriciated.

Here is mine:

To be sure that the caps don’t get mixed up with other reagent caps, use a Sharpie and label each cap (ie, R-9, R-871, etc.) This also helps in finding the right reagent when doing specific tests.

For each set of test, I wrote 1, 2, and 3 on the specific bottles for that test to minimize the chance of adding them in the wrong order.

Finally, I also used the Sharpie to write on the bottle how many drops to use.

Great suggestions!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.