SWG questions - install on sunny side of house

Feb 13, 2014
Central California
Greetings...

I'm a new pool owner just bought our house with a 4 yr old pool in August.

I've just started taking over my own maintenance so I haven't been through a summer yet but I'm thinking maybe sooner than later we might want to convert to salt.

The Circupool models seem to have a pretty good value and look interesting from a DIY install standpoint.

So my pool equipment is on the side of the house where it will get full afternoon summer sun. Temps here routinely get over 100 sometimes 110 in the summer. It may not be an ideal location to install the SWG and control pad. I'm not sure if a cover for the equipment might help shield it from sun and weather. I could just see installing there and having it overheat and burnout.

Anyone have any thoughts about their system and sun/heat issues?

Thanks

I moved my Compupool (Same manufacture as Circupool I think they have some software differences) around the corner to the north side of my house. It did run hot in the sun. It also is covered better and doesn't get as much exposure to the elements where I moved it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.